The candidate that fills this important position will embody SPOC’s lift up culture, helping to utilize, develop and refine their skills, while bettering the company and our industry. A successful candidate is expected to complete various engineering tasks, involving working with stakeholders, developing solutions and design validation for production and commercial release. This will happen through a collaborative and customer-focused approach. The ability to work on a solutions-focused team is critical. Specific tasks include project scope and specification documentation, solutions-based design work, validation, and working with manufacturing engineering on optimizing designs for manufacturing. A strong interest in continued learning of trends and emerging technologies in automation and energy is a must.
Knowledge of applying Variable Frequency Drives to control and automation systems is very important. An understanding of variable speed motor controls and the application of this equipment to pumps and fans is required. This job will work on product development for both SPOC’s oilfield automation business
as well as the hybrid electric and battery storage GRID business.
- Designing, electrical power and control circuits for Variable Frequency Drive systems.
- Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
- Conferring with internal and external stakeholders to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings, manuals and documents.
- Understand and work with standards and testing facilities to ensure compliance. (UL508A, UL9540, UL1741 are a few examples).
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installations, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities.
- Collaborating with project team members.
- Supervising or training project team members.
- Estimating material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation.
- Working with a variety of technicians.
- Identifying potential technologies, vendors and parts for different applications.
Education Experience and Key Attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited school.
- 3-5 years of experience in an Electrical Engineering role utilizing knowledge of VFDs to control and automate systems.
- Proficient in design and calculation software.
Job Type: Full-time;
Typical hours are Monday - Friday, 6:30am-3:00pm.
Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug testing.
Benefits: 401(k) | Dental insurance | Health insurance | Paid time off | Vision insurance - We offer medical, dental, vision (HMO/PPO) benefits, days, and a standard holiday package.
If this position sounds like the right fit for you, please fill out the short form and attach your resume.