This position is for an electrical engineer who will help our company advance our electrical products, systems, applications and other departmental objectives. For this position, the candidate is expected to complete various engineering tasks, such as performing calculations to ensure our systems meet global safety standards and collaborating with technicians and computer programmers to solve emerging issues. Additional requirements will be to perform research in manufacturing processes and analyzing data and trends with the goal of creating new products.
Knowledge of applying Variable Frequency Drives to control and automation systems is very important. Understanding rotating equipment and the application of this equipment to oil and gas applications is common. Developing systems in the on grid and off grid hybrid power systems will also be a major part of this job.
Ultimately, this position is vital in improving our company’s products and processes and contributing to its growth.
- Designing, electrical power and control circuits for Variable Frequency Drive systems.
- Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
- Conferring with customers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings, manuals and documents.
- Understand and work with standards and testing facilities to ensure compliance. (UL508A, UL9540, UL1741 are a few examples).
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installations, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities.
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies.
- Supervising or training project team members.
- Estimating material, labor, or construction costs for budget preperation.
- Maintaining electrical equipment.
- Working with a variety of technicians.
- Calculating power requirements for different applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited school.
- Proficient in design and calculation software.
Job Type: Full-time; Hourly
Schedule: 8 hour shift | Monday to Friday | Overtime
Typical hours are Monday - Friday, 6:30am-3:00pm.
Benefits: 401(k) | Dental insurance | Health insurance | Paid time off | Vision insurance - We offer medical, dental, vision (HMO/PPO) benefits, days, and a standard holiday package. Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug testing.