SPOC Automation is seeking new candidates to help us scale our business. Opportunities are available now to join our world class "Lift-up" culture. Our teams are highly driven, solutions focused, innovative, gratifying, and committed to building and delivering the highest quality products for our customers. Consider joining SPOC Automation on your career journey and see why we are considered one Alabama's best places to work.
This is a challenging position in a fast-paced environment. As a member of our quality team, you will provide valuable support to the Quality Manager, Engineering and Production team members in accordance with company goals. The ideal candidate for the Quality Assurance Technician role will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and committed to shipping the highest quality products. Knowledge and comprehension of quality standards is essential. The Quality Assurance Technician must have confidence to enforce our quality management principles, while also working as part of the operations team. The end goal is to ensure that our products are manufactured and assembled with approved materials in compliance with our design specifications that meet our customer's high standards.
- Ability to read and interpret Technical Data, work instructions, BOMs, and engineering drawings (electrical and mechanical).
- Proficient in conducting electrical and mechanical testing procedures to ensure finished products and assemblies meet expected company quality standards.
- Experience with electrical circuits, continuity, motor loading, and using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, current probes to ensure compatibility and communication of system.
- Approve or reject materials with respect to quality standards and record supplier performance.
- Inspect repaired and overhauled equipment and components using approved quality standards and data as the means for acceptance.
- Assist in audits, special projects, and R&D interfacing with engineering to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations, specifications, and the creation of testing procedures.
- Record inspection results, summarize rework and waste activities, maintain records of defective products and input data into quality management system.
- Monitor the use of equipment and calibration requirements to ensure safe, accurate operation and submit reports to the Quality Manager.
- Prepare and propose improvements and corrective actions to the production process to the Quality Manager.
- Train the production manufacturing team on quality control measures to improve product excellence.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot PLC's / programs is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time; Hourly
Schedule: 8 hour shift | Monday to Friday | Overtime
Typical hours are Monday - Friday, 6:30am-3:00pm.
Benefits: 401(k) | Dental insurance | Health insurance | Paid time off | Vision insurance - We offer medical, dental, vision (HMO/PPO) benefits, days, and a standard holiday package. Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug testing.