With more than 25,000 units installed, the SPOC Automation IronHorse Series Drive has been successfully applied on more rod pumps than any other variable frequency drive on the market.
Maximize production: IronHorse drives, with the sensorless pump off controller (SPOC), allows you to slow your rod pump automatically at pump off, rather than stopping the motor and shutting down the well. IronHorse features a self-teaching mode that runs the pump at optimal speed for each well’s inflow rate to maximize production. IronHorse extends the life of the equipment and in most cases, increases production, maximizing the return on your investment. In the event your well does not produce enough inflow to keep producing a slower speed, then you simply set the SPOC software up to stop like traditional pump off controllers. What’s more, there are no costly and easily damaged sensors or load cells to install on the pumping unit.
Reduce your costs. IronHorse literally pays for itself through reduced energy costs. IronHorse can produce energy savings of 10% to 40% over wells without a variable frequency drive; our average customer reports savings of about 20%. With near unity power factor, elimination of inrush currents and associated peak demand charges, and a reduction of utility kwh usage, the IronHorse drive payback is quick. Traditional across-the-line starters or Pump Panels will never reduce your operating cost or pay for themselves, but it’s guaranteed with the IronHorse VFD! Here when you need us: Service is more than a cooperative voice when you call. Whether you need application expertise or emergency help when there is a problem, service is an inherent part of every product we make. When you need help, before, during or after installation, our professional field engineers are here to solve your issues fast. But the benefits of IronHorse go well beyond energy savings. IronHorse saves you money and increases production through
- Decreased mechanical wear on pumping units
- It virtually eliminates rod separations
- Reduces transmission stress by more than 50%
- One user reported a 75% reduction of rig workovers in a large field simply by switching to our rod pump VFD technology from the standard across-the-line starter pump panels.
Testimonial: House Electric
In this video, an IronHorse user shares his thoughts on the product and its impact on his business.
Additional features delivered by IronHorse drives include:
- Variable Frequency Drives from 3HP to 300HP
- Input Voltages available from 230VAC – 480VAC, 50-60Hz
- Common I/O platform throughout all HP ranges
- Surge protection
- Oil field designed “harsh environment” enclosures with sun shields, exhaust heat plenum
- Extreme climate rating from Desert to Arctic conditions
- WiseGuy DL data capture, trending, time & date stamp, history, USB port for download
- Industry leading harmonic drive solutions meeting or exceeding IEEE519 and EN-6100-3-2 specifications (Optional)
- Interchangeable and expandable I/O cards
- Communications: ModBus RTU, Ethernet, and others installed from the factory or added in the field
- Telemetry ready, open protocols for your SCADA system